Monday, July 20, 2020

Them Mountains High...Grandma Finds her Joy Anyway!!

See how easy it is for me to relax!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Above, the front of the sponges.
Above, the back of the sponges with orange webbing from the sweet potato bag.
I did make an adjustment. First of all, I made one to see if it worked...and YES!! It did.
Then, I did follow the directions this time....adding the half inch stitching inside the edging.
I also did a zig-zag around the edge.  The tute says cut scrap batting one to four layers.
I found four was too much for my sewing machine, but three was just fine.
I love these...Now, I am collecting fruit webbing...ha!!!
Hey...If it brings me joy...I go for it.!!
Just like my dear man used to say, "Just go Sew!!".

Next on the agenda, my son and Lynsey all want to pick out their fabric for more masks.
That way, they can just throw them in the wash when they come home.
And, I need to cut more to pass out to people I see with no masks.
And, to try new patterns..My Super Dog mask with the visor was fun, but not usable.

Seems like my life has a lot of ups and downs lately.
Just when I get all excited about recycling avocado net, more stuff happens,

Little Ava ended up staying an extra night tonight in the hospital for another MRI.
My son spent hours at Ortho Carolina today.
The ER had sent him there to set his wrist and knee from last week.
Ortho would not see him without $250 co-pay.  And they insisted on two appointments. one for each break, that equals $500. He said he cannot work and he has no insurance.
He was almost in tears when he came home...then of course I was too.
He was in such pain.

I know people who work three jobs to support their families and NONE of those jobs carry insurance.
I do not think even making more sponges will help tonight...well...maybe something else...like a bowl.
Now once my son is able to find a low fee ortho person,
 they will have to re-break his arm to set it properly...

OK...I am now taking charge of myself...settling on folding my solids...but guess what...??
They have to be washed because Stitch has done a bit of cat hair shedding!!!!!!!
When things seem grim...I have to remember folks who have done so much for me lately.
Linda for bringing meals....Carol for helping my son search for a healthcare path,
My wonderful doctor who told me to please go have my hair cut and my eyes checked and go to Aldi.
That mental health is very important..Just wear my mask and wash my hands.
And, my physical therapists who go the second and third mile for me.
My sister for the coffee ice cream.
I am searching for my new T-shirt..
"Tough As Nails"
ox

3 comments:

VRooks said...

So many things. I think I will just focus on the cute sponges and not the icky medical stuff. Hope you can stay strong!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Darling sponges sorry to just now be catching up on your son and baby Ava. I know the middle before reading the beginning. Such is Covidity! Hang in there Tough as nails mama and grandmama!

Our dishwasher has been broken for months and months. My dear husband ordered a new one. I said I didn't care what he ordered. Ha! It came, it took him 3 hours to retrofit it in. Proudly shows it to me. I walked over and took one look and then tried to open my kitchen towels drawer. Couldn't due to the dishwasher having a handle. 🤣🤣🤣

I said oh well that's my good dish towels spot. I only use them for company and holidays. We don't have company now. No problem! When i do need to get in there, I'll just open the dishwasher drawer completely down first.

Covidity. Going with the flow!

Susan Dunne-Lederhaas said...

Holy Cow, such a sad and stressful,situation! My heart aches for you..Answers must exist for Eammon to get proper care! Wrapping my arms around you..Susan