Sunday, July 19, 2020

Something Hit the Fan Here....Wonder What it Was??

Today, two year old Ava, just had her 3rd brain surgery in two years.
Her shunt collapsed again.
A little brain bleed, but she is now recovering  TBTG
The children are now back with me, so their mother can stay in the hospital with Ava.
Coronavirus be damned...Have to once again, turn my fear into faith.
Here is little Ava after her successful brain surgery. today.
And...there is a little action in Portland today..Someone I know is one cm dialated...
I am hoping the baby will come on 7-20-2020  Wouldn't that be fun!!?

My new Covid mask enhances..the old beauty I have become!!!!
As lovely as it makes me look, it is impossible to wear glasses or breathe.with it...Oh, well.
Why comb my hair any more??
See Super Dog on the mask...She is there to give me courage.
Falls, accidents, babies and operations...Tough as Nails is the O'Quilts family.

Here,  we have express delivery:  Only took 4 months!
Elastic
 I ordered this in March. It came today, July 19th.
Now I really, really understand the concept...slow boat from China!!!!
I had thought it had been just one more scam
Above...batting...40 yards.
In my crazy, I got a whiff that with the manufacturing delays around the world,
quilters would be stuck for batting...How can we have a fluffy quilt without batting.??
We cannot have folks cold and not cozy.
This hoarder got right on it.  Warm and Natural bolt from Amazon...came in two days!!!
I will share with  my friends if things get tougher.

My very, very favorite quilt artist...Very...Shows her wonderful exhibit in France...
Since my traveling days are over, I am so delighted with her blog posts..  This one was stunning.
I hope you enjoy it like I did. 

I slept all yesterday and woke up better...no bruises, etc.
Soooo grateful that I survived last night's fall...as did my sewing machine.
First thing up..I made a rope bowl to check it all out..
My machine was a bit mad at me...but she forgave.
Amazing Grace.
Polka dots in batik.

And friendship love came in the form of dinner last night and tonight.
A stunning veggie lasagna and super duper chicken.
Thank you !  Thank you ! Thank you! ..Linda

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness. Life has dealt your family some pretty horrible blows hasn't it. I hope things settle back down again for you all. That bowl looks really rather gorgeous and I am becoming more and more tempted to give it a try. Stay safe.

Michele Bilyeu said...

You are so blessed with friends and family. Keeping beautiful baby Ava in my thoughts, heart, and prayers.

The rest.

Going with the flow the best you can. I hear shortages in weird things abound. We've been so spoiled to be able to find and shop in America. Now is our comeuppance time.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you are feeling better after your fall, but am so sad to hear about Ava. I am glad she is doing okay and hope that she heals quickly. Your bowl is beautiful - I am surprised you found the energy to make it but it is really lovely.