Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A Crisp Carolina Blue Day


Good Morning Yellow Bird

Due to my newest experience of working with dead fusible, I thought I would just finish off any applique I had hanging around. With inspiration from an IKEA tray, my bird is done.

Humming along, grateful for a new finish, I saw gunk on my iron.  Online said, "use toothpaste."
Scrubbing, I realized pieces were falling apart in this iron.  Guess that an iron, over 10 years old that is used non-stop....has a shorter lifespan than I realized. I certainly got my money's worth.
Bye-bye trusted Panasonic cordless iron...Bye bye...

New Panasonic cordless to arrive in two days.!!! 
Hmmmm, Here it is already!
Can you imagine the times we live in??
I had no idea that I needed a new iron until that one broke and this one came.
What a big difference/ improvement in 10 years...I am so lucky.
Joy comes in lots of packages...I am a Panasonic lady and a Janome woman.

 On BBC news last week, I saw an article about how men are flocking to sewing.
The statistics were....52% men vs 47% women are hot to sew....Forgot the details of this study, but I do find it an amazingly new generation!!

Energized I am....I did 5 walks up the ramp today instead of 4.  A good night sleep. Amazing how the light shines in the morning.  You know PT folks do not care about pain...Just keep on going..so I did and I do.
Also moving up from a size 6 to a 7 in weights for my bi-cep curls. That is supposed to help old lady improve her wobbly balance.

Just finished using up one yard of my dear and lovely new African Fabric.
I was able to cut 6 wedges with my Accu-cutter Go  And, African fabric is thicker than most cottons.
Thank you COVID for helping me explore new things right in front of my own eyes.

Very brave me just let a soon newly 12 year old and a soon newly 11 year old walk around the block alone, together with the phone.  They are taking books to the little library. Then walking by friend's houses with their masks in their pockets.  We live in a small community.  They are growing up.
(update, they saw workers in the street and came straight home. I am glad that they are better safe than sorry)
I am cleaning up!!!! As usual.



2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have one of those cordless Panasonics, probably 7 years old. I use it every day. I never use the steam, only dry. I have another ridiculously expensive iron for steaming- a Euro Pro. Got suckered in at a home show. But it works. Glad to see new projects going on.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's such an uplift to have something new, that works well. I chuckled at your Panasonic/Janome comment. I can relate to that feeling of brand loyalty. Your little birdy is so cute.