Thursday, February 11, 2021

Things that Bring me Joy

Linda S sent me a hand hewn valentine from Buffalo, New York.
An artist's gift.  I have not been given a valentine in a very long time.

Lynsey will be 12 on Tuesday.  Uncle Brian and Aunt Emily gifted her with three nights of Hello Fresh
She LOVED it.  With great joy, she chopped and sauteed and mixed.  Last year she received the same present.  It is her very favorite gift of all time.  Here she is on night one, making Italian vegetable soup. She chose that one because her daddy had just had two teeth extracted and could eat soup.

Our Aoife's new game: Frozen peas in a freezer bag with water....sooo much fun.
Someone has a 12 year old birthday party.

Winter weather, Carolina Blue in Charlotte

Anna's chicken coups on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation
A pink chicken coop makes me smile.
An old Christmas box full of Kaffe strings makes my heart sing.

She was indeed one of my very favorite quilt artists.





1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is not everyday that I get to see my artwork on the web, unsolicited. Makes the hours sewing all those hearts worth it. Love to see your granddaughter cooking with joy. Cooking should not be a drudge, but creative and tasty. Love the box of Kaffe strings and how about that pink chicken coop? Would make me chuckle everytime I saw it. All white covering here, February gray here, which is ok.