Monday, February 8, 2021

My Life in the Woods, Pandemic Style

"Love Chains" for the Guild outreach, snipped and finished and labeled, ready to turn in.
I asked the children to help me snip the threads.
Their daddy asked them to go on a bike ride.
Hmmmm....such a hard choice...with that, Grandma was left to snip her own threads.

Next up:  Aoife knocks a basket off a low shelf with last  year's candy in it.  Her mommy went two feet away for two minutes...New lesson....our Aoife is on the go.

No No No
RIP Roberta Horton.....This cannot be...one of our best quilters ever, twin sister of Mary Mashuta..
RIP  age 80

The Mugg Shot!!!!
This is me:  Locked in handcuffs at 73, isolated in my sewing room for being a naughty grandma.
When I tell them to clean the kitchen...in a loud voice...they call me....a Karen...OMG

Who in the world is in charge in my house.  They found my son's old things in the attic...Handcuffs!!!
Well, Grandma will no longer be able to cook, play cards...etc....They said that they threw away the key.  They insist that I am, indeed, their peer...God help me!!
Pandemic dress code: Seven pair of black or navy sweat pants and seven pair of sweatshirts with binding.  No one needs new clothes during a pandemic. 
After our visit tonight with our new pediatrician,  I saw how low things have become around here.
When we sat in the room waiting for the doctor, I saw Lynsey's toe stick out of her shoe, Dylan's soles were off and there was cat hair all over his hoodie.  My clothes also had cat hair...
OMG what a trip out of the isolation house will do!!! 
 Kids doing school in their jammies: grandma covered with threads.  We will be entering the world soon, again...the O'Quilts family must get a grip.
Lynsey has not been in a schoolroom for one year.


3 comments:

Mary said...

I look at my closet with despair. Most of what's in it no longer fits, and the rest is threadbare.

Linda Swanekamp said...

We are all in a not good place taking care of ourselves. The stress and lockdowns are a pretty high price to pay for alleged "saftey". I don't know if we recover and take care of ourselves in a respectful way. I am going to try every day make a great effort for excellence in the every day things.

Mystic Quilter said...

Colourful quilt Diane - did you really think that thread snipping would take precedence over a bike ride! Bet Aoife's mummy and daddy are going to be pretty busy from now on. I hadn't heard that Roberta Horton had passed, I must check out the details later. Covid is taking an unbelievable toll throughout the world, when will it end - if ever!