Thursday, February 4, 2021

Little Aoife Cheers us so

Little Irish Aoife gets a new hat.
She also gets pink Irish cheeks from walks around Portland city.

People say that the Accuquilt wastes fabric.  I do not know.  Here are the left over scraps from the wedge cuts from one yard.  I am going to use these for the placemats we need for the CMQG outreach.
I love scraps. Evidently Stitch loves scraps too...Together, here we have set the top for a potholder.
another potholder top..

Wednesday night's Zoom on CQG was great.  Nice to see familiar faces.
Praying here for Tuesday's shot to come through.
A true light at the end of the tunnel.  Or a little light, at least.

This photo does not do justice to Linda's brilliant repro star top.
It is indeed stunning.

Another joy...Aoife crawls...six months..sweet Aoife is now on her way!!
In the darling cap her mommy made her from Liberty fabric...
Tonight my son and his children cleaned up the  kitchen.  He took them to the library to get my book...Oh, no...the library told him he could not get the book without an appointment...Dear me.
The sound of silence is emphasized by the end of a chaotic day. Poor Dylan hates zoom learning.  I do not blame him...but it is not Grandma's fault...sigh..
There is a possibility that he will go back to school part-time February 16. 
 We will see...With Covid, it always seems to change.
I think it was early December? that he went back for 3 weeks.  It was great for him because there were only 4 kids on his bus and 6 in his class. Many parents kept their kids home...Time will tell.
Poor teachers.









 

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Ah, the new library pick up system is driving me crazy! It's nice that when you get there you just pick them off the table and don't have to wait or have any contact, but it requires more planning than I'm accustomed!
OH my goodness, those pink Irish cheeks - so precious!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautiful little darling girl and that family of yours are all wonderful! Potholders! I need potholder therapy. Once I get going I really get my sewing mojo back. Too many other irons in the fire right now. Mending and altering for too many! My garment requests of needs clothing bag was started 2 years ago and I still haven't done the summer items from then 😆
With Covid weight gains for everyone as well as memory loss maybe I can pretend there is no alteration requests bag 😆

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those beautiful pink cheeks make me think of the cherub images from the 50s. So cute. Your project is quite intriguing and the stars are marvelous.

Mystic Quilter said...

Cute photos of little Aioife! You've put your leftovers from cutting to great use with the placemats.

http://thankfullga447 said...

We don't need an appt for the library any longer. They do bring your books out to the car if you wish. I love scraps I use them for stuffing, part sword dust, part poly fill for small pillows. Take care and I am so glad you got your shot. I am 1B it will be awhile, my sons did get theres.