Sunday, June 6, 2021

And Sew it Goes...

 

Two beauties above.  
Then I found out that Lynsey and her mother decided to dye Lynsey's hair blonde!!
Oh, this old, out of touch, grandmother is beside herself...Lynsey is 12.
Above my native plant blooms...gifted to me by my fellow traveler, Lisa.
(I do not dare mention the name, Red Bud)

Below from a stunning zoom lecture by....
quilt artist, Paula Nadelstern

For the past 8 years, I have been out of focus, no energy. Now, the house is de-constructed due to flood.
There is a smell about the construction that pushes my asthma.  The dog is incontinent.  Without the children, I cannot get the diaper on her.  In disgust, I went to bed at 9:30 last night...Me, the one am snoozer.   Kids are home now, helping move things for more deconstruction.  The workers want to put everything on my first floor into boxes in air conditioned storage.  I want to throw up. 
Instead, I snapped a picture of my Endless Summer Hydrangea.
 Stunning by my front window.

For lunch, as a treat, I told the children we would go out to eat.  First choice, Azteca.  There we found a long line as they were short on servers.  We left for Taco Bell...all closed due to no servers nor cooks.  On to Bojangles.  No dark meat and no inside dining.  Drive thru closed at 3 pm...you guessed it...staff shortage.  We are going to figure out a way to cook at home, even in the mess.

I do have wonderful grands...so sweet and so helpful and so kind.  Lynsey is doing her own laundry tonight.  Dylan put the back seats into my car from the garage...
Aoife's first trip to the beach outside Portland.  She loved it.
Not so much having all the sand washed off..
The children have a lot of anxiety since their father left.
They are angry and hurt.
They wanted me to order fidgets for them.
How could I say no....
We got this one for me.  They came today...just in time.
Summer reading started the other night.  Lynsey read the first chapter.  Tonight I read the second chapter.  It is a wonderful book...Wahoo to Halli Gomez.  This is book is her first!!

Thank you Karen for your comment.  You are right..hard to get help
The door in our screened in porch has a hole.  I am going to get 11 year old Dylan and google to see if we can re-screen it ourselves....Stay tuned.

And sew it goes with the O'Quilt family.








6 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh my goodness! Some days you need to send Pitiful Pearl packing and others what I call "Pete and Repeat! Many like to say trouble comes in threes. I say who is doing the counting here?🤦🤷🤦 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Linda Swanekamp said...

My daughter in law dyed my grandson's and granddaughter's hair smurf blue last summer. Really? They were 10 and 8 then. Things sound rough around there, but those kids really need you. They seem to be able to roll with the punches if they can do it with you. Lots of great repair videos on Youtube. Maybe you can grill outside. Maybe you can have the kids search for easy meals on the net as there are a multitude of ideas out there. As I am switching to a low carb regimen, I have found tons of easy alternatives and preps and just keep printing them out to make. Hugs.

Bridget said...

Thankfully it is just hair and it will grow out, or having to touch up will get old...;) Yes, you can fix the screen. If nothing else you can sew the patch into place for the duration. Ask me how I know. lol Where I am there is no option to cruise from one dinner spot to another. I am a good 30 minute drive from even one drive thru so...still, what work to have a treat! Love the flowers beautiful!

Unknown said...

You all have got this!!! What wonderful memories you are making with the grands! They will treasure them all their lives!!! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Unknown is Paula--who has never commented on this type of blog~~

Mystic Quilter said...

Well Diane I guess that Lynsey's blonde hair is better than Linda's DIL colouring her grandchildren's hair blue!! Yet it is a lovely photo of the two of them. I must have missed a post, are your staying in the house whilst all the reconstruction is carried out? Pleased to see you decided to take a shot of your beautiful hydrangea, such a beautiful colour. Good tips from Linda in the comments Diane, in fact I think I could follow her example and go on a low carb diet to lose a little weight. Take one day at a time.