Monday, June 7, 2021

Nothing Lasts Forever

 Stitch knew....He knew that today was the day.  He is saying goodbye to the piano.
This morning, I called Junk Raiders. $299 to come take away our piano.
Frustrated that no one wanted it...even for free...no one.
The average useful age of a piano is 30 to 50  years..Who would have known?
An upright piano like ours weights from 500 to 1000 pounds.
Our piano was 125 years old. I had thought it would last forever.
Guess it had been used up quite awhile ago.
Junk Raiders came with just an hour's notice.
Bye bye to my man's beloved piano and many good times around it.
My husband would have been sad, but he would have realized it was over for the piano.
Sigh......

My girl appreciates her family.  Lovely man and lovely baby.

Here, lovely dog heads up onto the doggie camp school bus.
She was so excited that she forgot to say good bye to Emily and Aoife
Evidently she remembered other fun times.
This time it will be 6 weeks on the grassy plains running with other dogs.

Aoife will have her first birthday in Cork, Ireland.
My guess is that she will take her first steps there too.
I wish I had sent her a Saint Christopher's  medal...patron saint of safe travels.

Tomorrow the State Farm folks are packing up my sewing room and rest of the first floor of my newly floorless house.
I try to remember that this too shall pass....It is hard though......

I have put sewing things in the downstairs handicap bathroom for my upcoming ordeal.
I am sure I will be desperate about missing something.
Was the quote, "This too will pass"??

Not much sewing in my mess.  I am going to a sit and sew on Wednesday  TBTG
High lighted gift of today....a dead baby squirrel brought home with love from Stitch.
Lynsey buried it in the front yard goldfish cemetery..  
Dinner tonight:  left over Bojangles biscuit with butter and honey...preparing not to lose my Covid weight...
Think I will just go to bed.









2 comments:

Teresa said...

I used to have an old upright piano and I loved it dearly. Gave it to my daughter in law and she eventually gave it away when she got a spinet. When I retired, I purchased a spinet piano for myself, but for some reason when I fell down some stairs and had a serious concusion, I was not able to play anymore. Actually I could still play, but it made me very dizzy - even after 6 months I would still get dizzy if I played for very long. I had to quit playing in church and got down about the whole thing. So I gave my piano to my daughter and they were thrilled to get it. Now my quilt shelf stands where my piano used to be.

Hope your day goes well.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The most important thing is the memories that were made with the piano- not the piano itself. It is okay to be sad about it, but it did bring joy to the house. I am so sorry you are so wrung out. When is the last time you had a complete checkup? I am sure it is hard to put one foot in front of the other. Praying for help and relief.