Wednesday, June 30, 2021

My Wild Irish Rose and My Wild Southern Daisies

Just in from Cork, Ireland. Our Aoife, 11 months, the Wild Irish Rose.
Picture from the beach:  Our Lynsey on the climbing wall.
The girls:  Ava and Lynsey
The Beach Boys...newly 16 year old Evan, 11 year old Dylan and their loving and generous step-father.

In my constant quest to accept my age and the physical issues that come with it, I got myself some online presents.  New canes...With brain drain and stress, I forget so much.  Now, I can have two in the car, two by the front door, one on the porch...Dear me..., just like my glasses.

Great time last night on Zoom...Charlotte's Modern Quilt Guild hosted 
Quilting fun takes my mind off the dismal and sad.  This was great.
Charlotte has a wonderful Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild
Some of my favorite take-aways from last night's zoom:



 Today was the first day that I did not cry in 2 months...Just a wonderful day.
Some of my furniture is back.  Friends and I had yummy lunch and visit at 
Then, they came back home with me to brain storm and organize my newly painted and floored space.
Friends are good.  Friends are real good.
xo



3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The photo of your granddaughter would make a wonderful painting. The quilts you showed are wonderful. So glad your grands are having a fun, memory making time. Friends love to be friends, so glad you are letting them and enjoying the time spent together.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your wild Irish rose is adorable. I hope you have many tear-less days ahead (although sometimes - often - crying is cathartic and needed).

Michele Bilyeu said...

You are blessed and your family is beautiful-inside and out. Prayers always for your son and his challenging times. Your Wild Irish Rose is exquisite 💜🕊💜