Saturday, June 26, 2021

Stitch Has His Day of Infamy...and More....

My grands at the beach in Florida  having so much fun.
Here at home, Lynsey's tomato plant is waiting.

It has taken 2 days for my flooring to be put in.  OMG..the dust..the mess. 
 But, the floor is in. Done is a great word. 
 I am getting used to manufactured wood...He said it was within the budget...of my insurance...After two months, I probably would have let them put down grass.

Had a lovely lunch. Someone went to Paducah and brought me home treats from the sale bin...
LOVE....Did I mention how fabric soothes my soul??
Under the ongoing mess from the flood, I found the barn star my daughter had had made for me in Portland, for Christmas...So lovely!! .

Today was uplifting....the above flowers from Linda as friends come, once again to save me.
She brought her man, who gifted us two new doors for the screened in porch.  He installed them and painted them...Amazing Grace...I am grateful...Bye-bye Mosquitos!! Thank God for Gary!!
Linda swept the porch.
A picture below of the new living room floor and the yellow paint.
This is my mother's gift to me....the hutch to hold the family china...Instead, it held my fabric stash.
I am now fixing up my entire house to suit the folks who live here. (two kids and one old grandma) Fabric will go back inside as soon as it is brought back from storage.
At first I hated the new floor...but since Done was such a wonderful word, I agreed to it.
Now, I am feeling quite pleased.
Our Aoife showing off her bathing skills at the homestead in Ireland.
And now...once again....Grandma O'Quilts goes south.
Yesterday was Stitch's day for infamy.  I was outside petting him and trying to remove a wad of gum from his fur when he bit me.  Siri told me that a cat bite was dangerous and I should be seeing a doctor within 8 hours of the bite....The tooth hit a hand artery and the blood spurted....I am protecting you from the nasty picture!!!  Urgent care, Tetanus shot, two antibiotics, and and x-ray to see if any pieces of the cat's tooth broke off in my hand....The bite was that bad.  I even cannot go to the pool next week...Sigh.
Stitch is five years old. He has never bitten anyone before.
Guess no one else has ever tried to pull gum off of him.
Grandma will not try that again.
Today, animal control showed up at the door.  I am supposed to quarantine Stitch for 10 days to check for Rabies even though he has had  his shots.

Maybe I am being tested for something?????  Enough testing already!!

My sewing machine and computer are set up again...TBTG and friends..
Friendship, sewing machine and a cinnamon scone..
What else would a person need??

















 

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lucky grands having a good time in Florida and thank goodness that you now have a floor again!! Lucky you having the gift of those colourful fabrics, I'm waiting to see what you sew up with these. Lots of colour also in your flowers gifted by a friend and also the two new doors, what a wonderful man to install and pain - you can now the porch.The floor looks fine Diane. Now, onto naughty Stitch - what a mess he's made for you and I have to say I'm pleased you haven't posted the gory picture! Hoping that when you read this you will be feeling a little more comfortable and not having side effects from the antibiotics, your last few words telling us that Stitch is now under quarantine orders was a surprise. Diane, I do hope you have no more testing for a heck of a long while!!