Monday, June 21, 2021

Head Above Water!! Feet on the Ground!! Onward!!

Here is how we are living, my friends. Week 7 after the flood.
This is how the children and I deal with it.
The house, empty, now has an echo which delights them.
Someone does Tik-Tok and drama....her daddy's hat and her grandma's reading glasses.
The other one is on his game set absolutely screaming at the machine...OMG
Here is Aoife and her daddy enjoying their new house.

When a lovely package of Australian fabric comes from Dawn....this is their response to fabric....all fabric packages....they get excited to see a package....and it is FABRIC  ha ha ha!!
Of course they do clutch the cookies...and all this when dear Dawn included presents for them which they loved.
This treat from Cabbage Rose in Texas...going out of  business sale...is the fault of Marie.
She sent me a text from Iowa so I would not miss out on the sale...friends!!!!

Wabi-sabi quilts shared this interesting video Furoshiko Wrapping Cloths

Think I am going around the bend.  This is the second post I totally deleted by mistake....I had even saved it.  Where is my mind/?????  Send it back if you find it.!!

About my daughter.  The family is not moving to Ireland.  This is a summer home they bought when the family's neighbor moved to a nursing home..They are fixing it up to rent out for Air B&B.  Slow progress with a baby. I love watching the process.  It brings joy to my heart.

Meantime, the storm continues, as my only brother celebrates his 69th birthday in the hospital. He has cellulitis which has gone into the blood stream. He is on IV antibiotics.  I cannot do a thing about it...actually I cannot do a thing about most things, it seems...

I have not sewn nor read a book in a few weeks...I am sharing a few of Linda's Show and Tell.
Her repro is stunning..
A house warming present with meaning for the doggie they lost
And a DONE of a group quilt forever ago...
Coming home after the children's Karate, my  neighbors all out to meet me.

Life's miracles do shore us up.
Charlotte summer, 90 degrees and so humid.
Never mind says our Christmas (Thanksgiving ) cactus.. put out to pasture for two months already....
And, so it goes......
Shoshu....you are a dear to miss me. 
 If you send me your email address I can thank you properly
xo
PS...A phone call this evening...painters coming by tomorrow at 8 am to collect my paint chips and start taking down the fake paneling....Wahoo...I see the sun may shine this week.  Perfect timing as the children are off to the beach.

Another PS  I just heard back from my brother's wife.  They took his TV privileges away as he has no money...Can you believe that...OMG  I am disgusted...They moved him to a room with no TV.


4 comments:

shoshu said...

thank you for mentioning me, the email is s5821140@gmail.com

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your grand kids are so cute. You are maintaining such a good sense of humor with all these challenges!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lots going on in your neck of the woods! Thanks for sharing all the photos.

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a way to truly clean your house from the floor up! Wow! But how wonderful others are doing this hard work and you will have such a nicely spruced up home afterwards. Hang in there even if upside down and backwards as I often feel. Hugs hugs hugs!