Thursday, March 23, 2023

Baby Steps

 Today's progress:  Went to Target.  Was only able to walk half of it before I had to sit down.  Nicest ever cashier helped me out.  He was about my age...and working!!  His name was Mo.He lifted my spirits and gave me courage to carry on. Steps in the right direction that I went at all.
Found this partly done project. This  baby quilt and stuffed animal quilt to match, only need borders before I can quilt them. Happy to see them advancing.  I think I got the jelly roll on the cheap from Tuesday Morning.  I added fabric of  my own.
Our Good Vibes online group is having a strip sewing share this upcoming week.
I am playing around tonight with my new triangle die, using strips and scraps
The results are a bit smaller than I had planned, but still fun.
After PT tomorrow, if I have the energy, I will try another small outing...like returning overdue library books and maybe a quick stop at Trader Joe's.
I am learning the hard way that the change is coming, only it is coming in small steps...
The PT  says I am doing so much better than when we first started in November.  I do not see it.  Why?, because I want to go rollerskating...and run in the woods....Unrealistic, just like my mother.  Seems like at my age, "jumping' into the shower, and "running" into the store are obsolete concepts.

After lunch I met a lady named Rita.  She is 88.  Her shoulder has been repaired...but still functions poorly.....WHY??? Because at  78, she was salmon fishing in Alaska when a bear came after her and the salmon she had caught...OMG  Fishermen near by sprayed the bear and saved her life.  No boring arthritis for her...adventure instead and she was older than I am...at the time.

I am not buying any more jelly beans.  I am eating them without thinking.  At least I will not be arrested for my addiction..
Glorious day today...light breeze and 78....The weather is as crazy as life is.







2 comments:

shoshu said...

i also find these age-related baby steps frustrating, but then again, if i don't take them, this time next year it will all still be ahead of me or given up entirely and that i'm just no willing to entertain. hang in there, you're not aging, you're marinating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! onwards and upwards, shoshana

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wow loved all of your blogs - you have been busy. Walking in the halls with no cane- wow. Having lunch with the ladies - life is good. I have been away from blogging. I will send you an email later.