Saturday, March 25, 2023

Happy Saturday!!

Two orange and blue tops from yester-year....done. I struggled using up the blue, because I loved it.  I used it anyway because I am now an old lady....Duh~~
Four patches made into one patches.  The sunset in the background is not too shabby either.  Taken at 6 pm.
Did I ever ever mention how much I love my apartment...so carefree...so relaxing.
Below is my Coral Honeysuckle .  Thank you Lisa...I cannot wait till it blooms.  My only native plant..Yes!!  Again, the sunset in the background.
Today my DIL  celebrates her 38th  birthday...Amazingly, she has become a gift to our family...as has her husband!!

Tomorrow, two big events.  Dear quilty company coming at noon!! and bday party at 5.  Breakfast and lunch....Boy, am I  coming along.  I have given up the cleaning up of my studio/room.  Friends  and family have  known me for 35 years and more.  They know who I am now and love me anyway....Lucky me!!

My PT had me walking for two days with no walker and no cane.  He put a belt around me that he did not hold.  Every time I tried to grab his arm or a railing, he shouted NO!!  When I started talking, he shouted FOCUS... What a guy...

 OMG...Today I am way exhausted, but pleased that I could actually do it. Guess the hope I shrugged off before, has come back to me.

Folks are catching me in the hall and telling me that they are happy to see me smile....Really??  And when I was walking the halls without the walker, they started to clap.  Wow....Did I mention how happy I am to be in my lovely apartment.. In retrospect I am amazed at my survival and healing. I tried to hold my children tight and fix them...It did not work.  Now, when my dear grands make a mistake, I want do the same thing.....but I have  learned here to take care of me....wow.

 My daughter is so kind to me...Her daughter, not so much:

Here is a picture of Aoife doing Facetime with me,  her grandmother, last night.

Two and a half year old behavior. I love her anyway xo



 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you are having some happy days and a bright outlook. LIttle Aoife, a typical 2 1/2 year old. You are having some great weather too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just knew you could do it. You can live a full life and enjoy what you can control. Congratulations on trying, sewing, friending and giving gratitude!