Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Happy Mishmash

My girl had a garment knit class at Modern Domestic in Portland, Ore.  She did not have a babysitter...
A little thinking outside the box and everyone had fun. 

Here we are:  Good Vibes online quilting group meets in Charlotte to celebrate Susan's visit.
Missing the others !! For three hours we talked about quilting and fabric and each other...Bliss!!
I might as well show my tranquilizer:  Anyone understand???
I already ate the good ones.
My birthday is December 17th.  Emily bought this Trader Joe's flower for me to celebrate my 75th bday
Today, March 22...It has given me the 12th bloom....Amazing!! Three months of blooms with nary one drop of water.....
A scrap challenge for next week.  Looking here at  my random relaxing pass-time;  Sewing one scrap to another to make new crazy fabric.  I am glad I have a box of these to use for my challenge.  So much fun.

Pouring rain today in Charlotte....cold  brrr..
However a big switch comes tomorrow.and the next five days.
Five days of highs between 78 and 82. How very crazy is that????

Brave me is thinking of asking the quilting group here to help me baste a few quilts in the art room on Friday afternoon.
Speaking of healing...PT had me walk the halls today with only a PT belt and no cane or walker.
Miracles are everywhere now that I am healthy enough to see them.







 

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good for you- getting out with friends, doing PT, sewing- all great prescriptions for a healthy mind and body.

shoshu said...

Dianne, it brings me soooo much joy to follow your progress from stuck to healthy and going on. as they say, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. only with joy and patience! and love from me, shohshana