Thursday, March 9, 2023

Feeling Peaceful

Finally,  I am back to my Meadowland quilt top.
Block 5 out of 12..
African quilt that won the recognition ribbon.
Spring comes to Charlotte.  My Hyacinths, Trader Joe's daffodils. (20 for $4 )

Hyacinth from my patio.
Heather made T-shirts for their trip to Quilt Con!!  A great team.

Again...lighting so poor, but I want to show my gratitude for my little show.
Matthews Glen puts on a  monthy show with art from residents.  This is March.  One side shows needlepoint, the other side quilting..I was given a huge chunk of space for my things.  It really gave me a lift and helped me feel more included at my wonderful new home.
Nothing we have not seen on this blog before.  Joy for  me.
Back from vacation, Aoife plays peek-a-boo with Grandma on Facetime.

Sharing a pix of my March messy room
My comfort zone 

Lynsey said she wanted to visit me this  weekend. Last night she said she had been invited to hang out with friends....It's fine...She is 14...All unbelievable... xo



3 comments:

Rosa said...

Love the work clipped to the blinds! Another reminded that quilters are "make do/can do" types.

Congrats on showing your work. I think it's great that your new place has a gallery area and does shows. What a wonderful way to showcase your and others' talents.

Happy spring!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Being able to show work to others professionally is a huge motivation. Your room is not that messy- it shows you are working.

Mystic Quilter said...

Liking your Meadowland blocks and such a treat for you to have a whole wall to display your quilts. Lynsey - yes, these things happen!