Monday, March 27, 2023

Quilting and Quilting Friends

Carol and her husband came in from Kansas City and added me to her visit list.
Looook what  she  brought me!!  Some of the wonderful new Tilda fabric...from her Hancock of Paducah visit.
A Good Vibes online quilting group came by today...Marie and Sherry joined in as did Susan from Minnesota!!!  Here we are dining for lunch in the Bistro at my apartment complex.
I do not know what to do about this wax Amaryllis.  I was  expecting number 13 as I saw it coming, but it is a double flower, so I am calling it number 14.  All since my birthday December 17th.  Three months blooming and I have not done a thing to it but love it...on and on it goes.
Remember this?  The chair cover I  made for my husband's chair.  It was all ratty but the children did not want to throw away Grandaddy's chair.  So I used my clothes and fabric from Guatemala and India to make a cover.  I use it now in my new apartment to protect my new recliner.
There are pockets on each side made of my son's middle school jeans.
Such a few days of excitement.  I loved it...felt normal...if that is possible.  Covid stole so much of our bee and group fun.  I can fit 6 sewing machines in my one bedroom apartment for future fun times.  And, Miriam from upstairs came by  my garden gate to discuss fabric and a class she is teaching here.  She will use my Accuquilt cutter for some of her pieces.
My friends saw our hallway quilt exhibit and the art room...
Tonight I walked 4 minutes down  my hall on my cane. I was out of breathe...but I have to start somewhere..
Two days of happy connections with quilty friends...My cup runneth over.

"Oh, the comfort--the inexpressible comfort
of feeling safe with a person--
having neither to weigh thoughts
nor measure words,
but pouring them all right out
just as they are, chaff and grain
together
certain that a faithful hand will
take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping,
and then with the breath of kind-
ness, blow the rest away."

Dinah Craik, A  Life for a Life, 1859




4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You really hit the jackpot with that waxed Amaryllis bulb. I think the most blooms I ever got from mine was 9.

Linda Swanekamp said...

That quote is from 1859? Really? Seems right on the money now. I had a quilt retreat this past weekend. Very grateful. The numbers are way down from what it was, but we did it and had a great and productive time. We all need each other, especially face to face.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh how fun!!! Just wonderful visitors and what a great time!

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to see you're enjoying life Diane, keep up with a little walking the breathing will become easier. You are a lucky lady to have been gifted some of beautiful Tilda fabric, I love the ladies and the trees, must look out for that design here.