Monday, May 22, 2023

Just Messing Around

I made a quilt like this for a friend of mine with brain cancer.  She had it on her bed at the hospital which delighted me..It was even drapped at her wake. ..Four and a half inch squares with random logs around it...So scrappy and fun to make  I will probably make it big  enough to square off the blocks at 12 and a half inches.

 

While chatting with a friend on the phone, I messed around with this.  Gotta keep making them as they run out the door as staff gifts.  People here are so nice to  me.



Below are the last of Wanda's scraps and those from reproduction fabric.

It is as painful as an injection to  use some of my dear fabric.
The one below,  used on the above potholder, is a Celtic knot pattern.
I love it.. sigh...I used it anyway and  the stress of that lead me to a glass of red wine...

I know folks are  probably bored with potholders, but I want to have a record of them.
Yesterday, I gave 6 quilts to Mary Jerz for long arm quilting.  I will pay her to put the extra fabric on the sides, because my one natural shoulder is now painful.  Hoping not for a fifth joint replacement...jeeze.

My darling grands when I got them, seems like 100 years ago
This picture puts a smile on my face.
Today was a good day.  I always am thrilled to post about good days.

I am trying to figure out what is enough for me.
Is it enough to sleep late, read on the patio, walk to the pool and swim.
Is it enough to make potholders and bowl cozies to give away...maybe more rope bowls?
As I look hard for the bigger picture, I realize that I have no place there., as I am in the little picture .Guess my place is to cheer my world, one potholder at a time.  And give things away . I so like to do that.  Spreading cheer and goodwill.

I like to stay up until 2 am and sleep to noon...Well, I am retired!!!!!

The other day at the grocery store, I carefully selected a perfect tomato..just perfect.  Today I found it at the bottom of my purse...where I had put it for safe keeping...Sigh..I am so losing it.  At least tonight, I salvaged half of it.  redemption.

What  joy it is to get another snap of Aoife...She will be 3 in July and is quite the terror...OMG
Lucky Aoife has the face of an angel.

ps  I just read through my older posts...Jeeze, I see that I say  the same things over and over again....Pls forgive...OMG...Pls God, I am not losing it already!!







2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love reading your posts and seeing your potholders. I post things too so I have a record of them that I can look back to. Your mission in life is definitely to make other people smile and in return you smile too.
Aoife is going to be 3 already? She is SO cute and aren't all 3 year olds little terrors?

Bridget said...

I also love the potholders and I believe Mother Theresa says you are doing small things with great love...trying to use up the stash myself. I will have to live into the next century! lol enjoy yourself.