Friday, May 26, 2023

A Weekend in Peace


So thrilled with this next step.
I sized these blocks with my Electric Accuquilt Cutter 10 inch die; the size of a layer cake.
Sew easy and sew much fun.  A friend came down today to cut a million 2.5 inch squares with my cutter.  It was done in a  heart beat!!

Look what I was able to do today:  Garden!!!  On my cane. I removed the pansies, tilled the soil and am ready to plant the begonias my friend picked up for me. I think that the Gardenia from Great Aunt Carl in Greenville, Alabama will like the company.. Great Aunt Carl is long gone as well.  Her Gardenia plant keeps living and giving.
I cannot tell you how happy that made me.

Emily in Portland sent me this picture of the neighbor's rose bush.
This is why  Portland is called the "City of Roses".  And Aoife's middle name is Rose.
My dearly departed man would have loved this, as he grew and showed roses, his favorite flower.
Another good day. The friend who came down this morning told me that when I moved in in September, she was so afraid for me because I looked so depressed and fragile...I did not even know this woman.  I am amazed......and, of course grateful that I was able to get better.

Lynsey had asked me if she and her friend Jazmine  could visit me this weekend...But, the family is going to the mountains....Deep inside this loving grandma, I am relieved.  I am better, but so not what I  used to be.

My goal for this nice long weekend is to quilt a small quilt and start nothing new!!!


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can tell by how you write that you have come a long way since you moved. You are doing so much better. I love the blocks today and they will be so wonderful when completed. Glad someone could use your cutter to help them get going on a project. Love the roses! I have a few bushes and try to keep them growing and the Japanese beetles from taking over.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I just got out of my garden - I have to water a lot since it is so dry.
My granddaughter middle name is Rose. I know that electric cutter is a dream, one day. Enjoy your weekend, done with my chores and I am going to stitch.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to read that you are now once again gardening, even on a small scale it is an achievement for you. I've been missing for five weeks die to a spider bite so missed a lot of your posts unfortunately Diane.