Sunday, May 7, 2023

Oh, Happy Day

 Oh, Happy Day

Our Aoife playing with her wonderful used $10 dollhouse....Don't have to be rich to enjoy.
Below, the $25 used playhouse in my girl's back yard.  Of course, it did come full of wasps..but a little elbow grease and a lot of love  made it perfect!!
All found in Portland Market Place by my daughter.
More  fun tonight with Wanda's  scraps...Making you know what!!!
Love in process......
On Amazon I found these little spray bottles for my starch water.  I can take these in my travel kit for Sit and Sews...Four in a package....gave two to my sister.  In my old age, carrying things is a challenge.
Below is lazy.  I do not measure....lazy, I said.  My sister came over today to help me with the backing to my grunge hour glass quilt.  I was too cheap to spend an extra $5 to get enough backing...sigh...Now this strip on the back will make the shortage difference.
Below, joy again, in the vase....Tulips from Trader  Joe's...in season I guess, cuz the price is so right.
My African fabric snowball quilt on the wall behind it.

Today, I slept till noon.
Went to the pool for an hour.
Visited with my sister.
Took a nap????
Sewed while I did a few Zooms with friends..

Oh, Happy Day.
Now it is midnight and I am raring to go....!!
Is this what retirement looks like???

Linda from Vintage Turtle, thank you for the comment.
Pls send me  your email so we can talk more.
xo





2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Such a happy Sunday post!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely colors and great photos. It is good to rest. Fuels creativity and clear thinking.