Thursday, May 4, 2023

Fabric and Friends and Naps Galore

First things first:  Hancock's of  Paducah has a lot of reproduction prints for $4.99 in their sale section.

https://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SALES

Our visit to Gastonia to see Eithne...She lives in such a lovely period house there..

Eithne has her interfacings, etc. in this hanging.
One more fun potholder.

Above lovely Australian fabric scraps from our Wanda
Already a potholder has  been created and chosen from my potholder basket at my front door.
Borders...OK  one set of borders...on this quilt.  Got too tired or lazy to apply the last two..
I did however, order a backing....or two...hmm...money on fabric is never wasted....Like buying happiness.
Just talked to my daughter.  Seems like when daddy was working, Aoife and her mommy took a 3 mile hike to see a waterfall;.On a glorious spring day in Oregon.  Aoife rode in a back pack on her mother's back some of the time and walked other times..Emily insisted that the trail was full of hikers.  .Oh, to be young...I am exhausted just thinking about it.
I am always exhausted.
Thank God I have my wonderful apartment.
Peace and serenity abound.







3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great photos! So thrilled you are out and about and enjoying color and fabric.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I knew you would have fun with those Australian fabric scraps.

Linda, The Vintage Turtle said...

I have never commented on your blog before but enjoy when you post. I really love seeing the pictures of your little granddaughter Aoife. She is absolutely adorable. I love your potholders as well. So creative!