Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Yesteryear

Picked  up two packs of these in our art room....just up for grabs.    
I ordered 4 inch EEP papers on Etsy to keep me busy during dull times.

From my vintage quilt collection...or from what I still have left.  Era: 40's.... quilt, now on my bed.
Unfortunately this picture does not  show the yummy blue from that era..
Our beloved Stitch now lives with my grandchildren in the country
with two other cats and  two dogs and five children.  Stitch is still the boss.
That family renamed him something like  "Boots".  He will always be a quilting cat to me.


My handsome son.  This picture is special to me because, three  years ago, he took two busses and a train from his camp to bring it to me.   Now, I have not seen him in 10 months.  The Foxglove is planted  in my garden at my new apartment where it flourishes.

I gave a potholder to a new friend.  Just stuck it on his door.   He is 90 and fragile.....yet he walks and swims.  He says it is hard, but he does it anyway.  I am 75 and I say  it is hard and I do not want to do it at all.  Just want to sew.  But, old Tom was certainly a role model.  Shamed, I walked today.

I just love Australian fabric....Heck....I love all fabric.
Wanda, thank you for the scraps...I  think I have played enough...back to finishing stuff already started.
Potholders make such a quick fix for color and design.  
Then I give them away 








2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are giving smiles to all of the recipients, you smile when you give it, they smile when they receive it. They will all remember your generosity.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The gifts are wonderful and beautiful. Means a lot to people! Glad you walked. I don't like going to rehab three times a week, but I do it to keep going. I put my exercise clothes on my doorknob so it is the only choice when I get dressed in the morning.Then when I take the grands to school, I just keep driving there. So good to see your fabric work.