Monday, June 26, 2023

Accepting the Life I Have Now

The gift I give myself of stress and worry....all about what I cannot control.

My surgery is Wednesday week...Most everyone is going on vacation...friends, DIL, more friends, etc.  My son is not here to help....and so I heard a snotty  noise come out of my mouth, under my  breath....I guess God is going on vacation too!!!!!Wooooow...!! Not so good Mrs. O'Quilts. You sound like a petulant child.

Dealing with stress the O'
Quilt's way:
Make Rice Krispy Treats..hmmm
Make more potholders to give away.
Order fabric that I love but do not need...who cares about need anyway???
It cheers my day.

Now, a new obsession:
Reading glasses!!!  If I am going to be old, let it be eccentrically old. Let me not change my style!!
Amazon Prime being  quite the good friend.  I must have 30 pair by now...all cheapies of course.  Some lost under fabric, some in the car, some lost in drawers, some in the kitchen, some in my bathroom...some in my chair and some in my bed...AND some on my head!!! Some absolutely everywhere...except where I can find them.
I mean, how can a woman create without being able to see.????

This arthritis holds me back...way back. 
Just cannot seem to trust GUS (Great Universal Spirit)  I am trying....sigh...trying..
my ego gets in the way.

Thank you all for all the tips and support and love you have sent my way xoxox





2 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

Hang in there Mrs. O'Quilts. You got this. I allow myself 20 minutes of whining about the unfairness of life, then I pull up my socks and try to soldier on. Tears clean the soul. You have many quilting friends praying for your successful surgery.

Joye with an e said...

Diane, sure hope your surgery goes well. Will be keeping you in my thoughts for sure. My husband has just been diagnosedt with psoriatic arthritis so I can imagine what you are going through with that. We are still trying to work our way through this illness--trying to discover the triggers and find a way to get it in remission. Learning something new every day about a subject I didn't know much about! So keep your chin up and sew on! Hugs!