Monday, June 12, 2023

Sew Very Random

Tonight's potholder...detail from an Accuquilt flower die.
Fun, of course!  I am going to put it on the door of a new friend in great grief.

Pulling out a few odd blocks.....from forever ago
I.had added another layer to them and recently the purple...But, what do you know....they are odder than I  had imagined.  Usually I like to mess with this sort of thing, but  I was so not in the mood last night.  On another glance, I think I will just make a few more blocks..

These initial triangle blocks were left over from my work by Sujata Shah.
It was great fabric fun  working on this and it hangs now over my bed.

In cleaning up, I found this adorable address from my girl when they took 5 months traveling across the country looking for a place to live.  They found Portland, Oregon and never left.

That is it...a bit down today, all this  operation stuff....
At least I was able to  swim for 30 min before the thunderstorm.
I feel a sense of urgency to finish things...yet  I only want to chill and do nothing.

Interesting below:  Shame I am 100% right brain...wish I was a mix 

Left-Right Brain Comparison

LEFT BRAIN 🧠

I am left brain. I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical.

Always in control. A master of words and language. Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am.

RIGHT BRAIN 🧠

I am right brain. I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste.

The feeling of sand beneath bare feet. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.

Look what I ended up doing to calm my brain.  I made some square in a square  blocks
And our Aoife picking some raspberries from their  own back yard.
This picture of her lifts my heart.


Hoping my brain and my heart have a peaceful day tomorrow.






 

3 comments:

Linda, The Vintage Turtle said...

Diane, I just love your funky potholders you make. So artsy and fun and sure to lift someone’s spirit too! Those pictures of Aoife are just precious . Please know you are in my prayers for surgery.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those blocks are so lively, and I just love the color you chose to go with them. Love your quilted headboard too.

Mystic Quilter said...

I've missed quite a few of your posts Diane, the unfortunate incident with the spider!! Kind thought to gift the delightful pot holder to a new friend who is coping with grief, also nice to see a recent photo of Aoife.