Thursday, June 22, 2023

My Life Today

Today was a rope bowl day...Way too relaxing!! And, satisfying..
Staying up  till 2 am...sleeping till noon, going to the pool.  Making the rope bowls.
Meeting neighbors for dinner.  Not too shabby for a retired old lady.


The newest sign for my door has already attracted notes....notes on how wonderful I will find them!!
Exciting addition to my table.  Four bookends for support to keep my sewing supplies from falling off the table.  They came in PINK....sew wonderful!
The cute card of  encouragement that came today.  Linda does not want me to be a chicken when I go for my  operation....hmmmm  The die may already be cast!

Call from 14 year old Lynsey tonight....reason...???  Why her mother got upset when she told her "no" she would not get the empty garbage can...Back peddling in the nicest way she  tells me that there are many types of "no"....She did not say it in a snotty way, it was just in a tired way, but her mother did not like it and Lynsey wondered why...hmmmm  I said, usually a mother or a teacher think "no"  is "no" with no qualifiers..A sign of disrespect from a child.  .Hmmm  Lynsey has millions of reasons to be angry...That is what doctors and therapist are all about.  She did go to a volunteer position today....So wonderful!!!!

Tomorrow might be potholder day....again...fun to make and fun to give.  I might start them tonight as it is not 2 am yet !!!!  Or, it could be binding day....Mary Jerz has given me back 7 quilts so far for me to bind, but I am lazy...Do you think I should get to be lazy at 75????

One of my favorite pictures: twenty some years ago when my children still loved each other.
It was a mother's dream and a sweet memory.

We are in the middle of a big weather alert here in Charlotte.  It has been raining for days with 72 degrees.  A very cozy time to quilt and blog.




 

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The chicken's slippers just cracked me up. I have never made a rope bowl. Most of machines are straight stitch only, but I have a Singer 401 that has a zig zag. You will be happy if you bind the quilts. Bind it by machine using the glue method. That is what I do and it is easy and precise.