Sunday, June 11, 2023

Just Checking In

 In June, unheard of....Carolina blue skies with puffy white clouds...relatively cool for the season!!!  Oh, Canada...Thank you.

Her mommy found this dress at the pre-owned store.
It needs a bit of alteration.  Evidently Aoife thinks it is perfect!!

Working on borders here...scrap quilting...so much fun.
That is why it takes forever!

Of course, everyone, it seems has gone on vacation from my  hall...Me, I am waiting out time till my surgery.  It is now scheduled for July 5, a Wednesday at 5 am...OMG
I am not feeling so well....so surgery is not so scary.

Scrap quilting and color is my favorite part of sewing.
Usually I can see in my minds eye, the border.  This case, not so much.
Maybe it is because I did not want to cut out one of my favorite fabrics..sigh:
Below the finished top.
My friends suggested that I not quilt so much anymore...With my shoulder arthritis and my awful balance and my upcoming surgery et. al....I should focus on what I do best, which is color and scraps.  That makes me happy.  The actual quilting does not.

Aoife almost 3...heavily involved in the two day and night camping experience.
Even though sleeping is tough camping with a child and dog, everyone loves to camp...
That I do not have to do it, is so on my gratitude list!!

So hard to believe that our darling Aoife will be 14 some day...


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

No camping for me either. There is no place like home and a comfy bed.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Hello,
Your fabrics are beautiful and kodoo to you for doing something with your fabric. I just realized you are have surgery, you will do fine.
Been traveling to CO for my sister celebration, I read a poem about sisters. She had 250 people there and her son did an amazing job.
Best part my whole family was there and my nephew took good care of them.
My granddaughters got a special necklace from my sister I had no clue she was doing that. Tears Tears but now I can start/try to start doing things but I have lots of days when I just want to read or watch the tele. Now in Texas dog and house sitting for 3 houses.