Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Working on it.....

Lovely card of encouragement from Linda.
Tonight's potholder...so love African fabric.
Linda's lovely quilt.  I took this picture awhile  ago and it just surfaced in my pictures tonight.?????
Karen helped me put the new cover on my ironing board!!
Coming back from the drugstore tonight, I found this color study:  the first fallen colored leaf on Spring Equinox.
Found tonight in a bag, my Spoonflower 2020, Pandemic prints.

I had cut the fabric below for a mask..TBTG we do not need these for now.
Hand washing away the Coronavirus germs.
Cats in scrubs and masks.
Below:  Big thank you Anna for this awesome fabric.  TBTG there was a lot of it, since it was waaay off grain.
When I ripped it for a backing,, it was so  not straight...long time since this happened.  I guess I forgot to rip first....Oh, well...This will be OK...another lesson remembered.  At least I have enough.  It is for the purple wheelchair quilt donation.
 For some reason, today was  tough....It was made  oh, so much better by visitors...Two out of three of my mini quilting group:  The Wednesday Women. And a friendly neighbor.

Once my surgery is over (two more weeks) and I am all fixed up, maybe I will have a small open house so friends can see my apt...my sewing apartment with no sofa and no dining room table....Just walls and walls of fabric, big lovely windows, four sewing machines and happy me.

















 

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lots of colour here Diane!! That leaf is something else - we only need take a look at the natural world to find inspiration. Never seen fabrics with pandemic prints, great fun. Sorry you had a tough day, we can't choose when they're going to visit, only try and look for the good things in life and keep going.
Won't be long before surgery is over and you will be recovering - following your doctor's orders!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The description of your apartment sounds perfect.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The perfect apartment. I have always dreamed of a big barn sewing studio/tiny living quarters. I can see it in my mind. Keep being healthy before surgery.