Thursday, June 29, 2023

Friends and Fabric..the Very Best

Today's  potholder!! Sew cute with Accuquilt starflower. 
My repo scrap doll quilt wet on the design wall for blocking...even though this picture does not show it well.

Every once in awhile my husband in heaven thinks I need cheering with fabric.
He knows how much I love Marcia Derse....Hancock of Paducah sale table had a bunch.
They arrived today...already washed and patted by me!


Lovely lunch today with Ellen and Sherry.  Look at the treats Ellen brought me from the dollar store...fun fat quarters.  xoxoxoxo   Love you Ellen.

Six days till my two robotic surgeries.  Seven days till my daughter comes in on the red eye from Portland to help.  Tomorrow I have set up lunch with two nice friends from here, one a stain glass artist and, one a jewelry artist...So need folks around to cheer me on.
Then my grands and DIL come for a few hours for hugs and small visits.  All to celebrate my very first grandchild turning 18.  Amazing...so very amazing...My Evan is an adult.  Doing a fine job interning with his step father...learning the trade. 

 I have managed to busy myself every day but Sunday...Good for me. No staying in my apt catastrophizing. Praying for my own bravery..







 

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just getting up and getting dressed and greeting the day is bravery. You have such wonderful friends. Great photos of work!

shoshu said...

i'm also praying for your bravery, and for you weakness......waiting to hear from you on the other side.
shoshana

Mystic Quilter said...

Not much longer to wait now Diane and you will have your daughter with you following your hospital stay. I shall be sending prayers for a quick recovery and your continuing bravery.