Saturday, July 22, 2023

How Can This Be???

 Lucky me had a visitor on Thursday.  Thirteen year old Dylan came to help his grandmother.  He made bobbins, watered the garden, lifted things, emptied garbage...so wonderful.  We visited, went down  to lunch and enjoyed each others company.  He was here 5 great hours.

Doctor's orders for me not to go in the pool, but Dylan did..performing legs up the entire time.

                         After Dylan left, I went down to dinner with friends...So happy I am better.

Until I am not.

Yup, I overdid it and have spent the past two  days in bed or lounging around, lightheaded and fatigued...OMG, How can this be????  Extrovert here, hates to hang out alone.  No choice now.

Meantime, in Portland, Oregon, our Aoife turns 3. Today is her birthday.  Her family is taking her camping to celebrate and getting her her requested donuts. Picture below was found on Instagram from her pre-school.


In between resting, I found these old blocks.  They are so awful, I do not want to work on them....On the other hand,  I could probably make  the quilt attractive enough for the holiday giveaway in West Virginia.  Margaret said that they ran out of quilts last  year.


My useful and well used bowl cozies...right out of the dryer....all fluffy and nice.
Wonder what tomorrow will bring???
It is so hard to "suck it up, buttercup" when I really want to go out and play like all my friends....Oh, well...
Still a spoiled baby!!


4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to read of your time spent with Dylan - perhaps next time you may be in a position to leap in to the pool!! Be careful of doing too much, it always hits after, take it slowly. This is a happy birthday photo of Aoife, gosh, three already!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yikes! I warned you to take it slow- can't beat the system. Hoping you gently go through the next days and keep petting fabric.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Glad Dylan came over your spirit improved. I think you did a lot today - that a good thing. But you need your rest - recuperation is important at our age.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Wonderful photos, he is one handsome, kind Dylan. Aoife is as cute as usual, pure joy.
Take care, don't over do it and set yourself back. Gently does it.
Josie