Thursday, July 27, 2023

Mrs. O'Scraps and Her Horrible, No Good Great Day

My new cousin, Mary Lou sent me this picture of a butterfly on a butterfly bush from  her garden.
Amazing how it brightened my day.  xoxox ML
Here I was last night, in a better mood...playing with scraps for a potholder

Spoonflower just had a 50% off fat quarter sale.
These two fabrics just  made my day better.
Life's strange twists....My mother's neurologist loved and loved the potholders I gave her.  I promised her more.  That was 9 years ago just before my mother died.  OMG..Yesterday I met a new friend who lives here. She was going to the same doctor.  I sent the potholders with her to the doctor.
NINE years later, she knew exactly who they were from...So nice.  She called me tonight to say thanks and catch up...Lovely.
Continuing my day, a visit at our consignment shop..I nabbed this basket for 6$
A thrill as I love baskets.

Dinner tonight with friends  here...and the mood hit...Must find out who Pearl's sister is.
I  am so  looking for my people here...I told a friend to clarify her statements about the negative comments  yesterday.  She did not know what I was talking about!!!!!
How in the world could I have such unrealistic expectations of friends.????

We do remember that  unrealistic expectations bring about resentments...and Bingo. I was there.
I am not the only one who has suffered major losses in life...
I do think that week 3 of this  post operation recovery business has distorted my mind.

I am reminded of the saying, "If  you are  up in your head, you are in a very bad neighborhood!!"

Lucky  me has a brand new chance tomorrow..









2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Recovering from major surgery can take quite some time, it's not just the surgical wound healing that can take a number of weeks but the effect of the surgery trauma, your worries about the outcome and so on. Pin the picture of the butterfly somewhere which is easy for you to see throughout the days, it's beautiful
and as you say, it brightened your day when you first received it. Long may it continue doing so.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

So much stress on your body before and after your surgery.
It may be some time before you feel 100%.
I hope more butterflies come your way.
Lovely fabric to play with.
Have fun.
Josie