Saturday, July 8, 2017

Scrambled with a clear view...

Here we go...scrambled jelly roll number 4..
And, oh, so the last...I have a bit more scraps..but I will put them
into my orphan block box for place mats for Meals on Wheels.
Done with the jelly roll thing..(for now)
 
 The polka dot fabric is for the backing..I will self bind the quilt, to give it a little punch.
This might be perfect for a young boy...
My Emily and her man went camping on the edge of a river
in Bend, Oregon last night...On the way back to Portland, they
stopped in a little town for coffee...That little town,
just happened to be called, Sisters...and it just happened to be
hosting the quilt show...Can you believe it????.
My goal..to go with her next year...Wahoo..
And to bring Cousin Ann???!!!!
Mark the date.




Quilts were everywhere...here the donut shop
Last night at the midnight hour, I felt alone and distressed.
Who would understand, the grief and hip pain??
I wrote a letter online to my love.
I felt so much better.
Then I went to bed..

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh lucky Emily!!! At least you have the photographs and can plan in the New Year for your visit with her to the show. Getting "words on the page " is good - your mind is then somewhat easier, but I am so sad to read that you felt aloe and distressed, no-one can understand your personal grief and pain but there are many who are thinking of you!

Cjsmimi said...

You're right...a boy would like this and the "punch" of dots seems perfect. I saw the town assembling quilts on-line a couple of days ago. Great idea for you to plan to travel there next year and I can't wait to see all the pictures. I love to have plans...good for dreaming and imagining what we'll do. Emily is a dear to share and put a big smile on your face. I am reading "Gifted by Grief" by Jane Duncan Rogers. My take-away so far from the book and her TED talk is to live each day to it's fullest because this could be our last day, week, year. Also, "if I don't enjoy what I'm doing, I stop" because time is too precious. I really like this lady.