Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Durned Good Day

Oh..Wednesday night....Friends...
 Dear Muggs is now my age...Welcome friend...for 2 months that is๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
When I, once again...out grow you..
 A birthday present for her beach house...from Nancy and me!!!!
 A bag made in one hour...sigh...It took longer than that for me to find the fabric I got for her last year.. I probably should have interfaced it..but time was short..
Muggs rides a green bike just like this around Oak Island..
Grandma O'Quilts sews tonight, eight grocery bag holders for holiday gifts.
 Muggs' show and tell....a gift from a niece..
  Trip Around the World block of yesterday.
 
And so it goes...Today I slept and did errands.
I was grateful that my cane and I were able to go...
I visited my friend Peggy at AAA
The best Janome dealership in Charlotte.
Sad to see that our dear machine mechanic had died last week.
Very sad, for us that is....
He came to work on Monday and was dead on Tuesday.
Fine work at 82!!!!  He was amazing.
Another friend, retired with dementia.
Peggy is about my age.  Four weeks ago she had a hip replacement.
Today, we had matching canes...but that was about all...
She was just a waltzing around working in her shop...
..Jeeze Louize...I have a jealous nature.

But, I was brave and strong and true...
I did not whine...
I just came on home and...
ate Candy Corn!!!!!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I enjoyed your visit yesterday, it was so good to see you! Your hip will get better...give it time..Doc tells me to walk, walk, walk! I went to the new quilt shop in Mint Hill yesterday (a mad dash after work in horrendous traffic). Not much inventory yet...but of course I made a purchase! Come visit again soon, love you, Peggy.

ES said...

I have sewn this weekend and sewn and sewn! Phew! I seem to forget how much I need it for my own sanity and sense of personal achievement and enjoyment. I must keep sewing every day and stop putting it off until tomorrow! I hope your hip is healing x

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Hope you have more pain free days. I love the shopping bags. It looks like your trip to the island was inspiring. I tried to tidy my sewing room but it soon looked a mess again.