Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Evening of...

This holiday eve is hard...No dear man and No dear son.
I found this picture of my DIL and my son.
Both in active addiction a few years back.
They had been asked to bring a cake...instead they brought a cake mix and a jar of frosting.

This is a priceless addict expression....like I am wrong to question it.!!
That is why I love it....it reminds me..of the truth which I hate...the truth.
My favorite vacation spot is the " Land of Denial".

While Grandma struggles to stand on her knees which need replacing,
Evan helps to peel the sweet potatoes, uses the immersion blender to blend them.
He smooths them for the marshmallows on top...
He went shopping with me, carried the groceries, put them away.
He loaded and emptied the dishwasher.
He helped make the stuffing by stirring the onions and celery and adding the bread crumbs.
Tomorrow at 8 am, he and I will stuff and put the turkey in the oven.
I will go back to sleep and Evan will do Mindcraft.
 

UGH  Now I see he is watching something called Piewdepie....ugh ugh..
.How do I know if this is suitable.
Now I have to supervise the 10 year old's computer habit.
I do not have the energy.
I  know that tomorrow's arrival of my brother and his wife and their 17 cats from NYC
will bring respite...
How could it not???
My sister, DIL, SIL will all be here to shore me up and help us celebrate.
Tomorrow we are going to be thankful for what we do have.
We are going to wish all of you...
a Happy Thanksgiving....too!!
We are going to enjoy this new and different Thanksgiving of 2015
I insist!
xxoo

5 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving, Evan is blossoming with the responsibility.
Hugs

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Have a great Thanksgiving with the family that loves you!

Rachaeldaisy said...

You can be thankful you live in a country that adds marshmallows to sweet potatoes, we don't do that in down here. Wishing you many mushy mellow marshmallow and sweet potato moments and a wonderful Thanksgiving to you all, including the 17 cats.

Karaquilts said...

Thinking of each of you with a thankful heart today.

smazoochie said...

You have lost so much yet so much remains, even the sweet memories of what is gone.
The dear boy Evan, such a grand grandson.
And you, a truly Grand Grandma. I hope there was love, laughter & a few tears around your Thanksgiving table.