Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Day in our Lives...

No, Dylan, six is too young to sew...Well...OK!!!
He put his hands on my hands and off we went.
He is so thrilled to have sewn a seam, like his brother and sister have done..
All done..snipped, washed, labeled and put into the closet for someone special.
 This scrap log cabin was made from random 1.5 inch strips.  I loaded my Little Blue travel sewing machine into a Walmart cooler on wheels.. I added a number of odd 3 inch square red scraps and a big bag of scrap strips. With no fuss, measuring, messing etc, I wrapped those strips around the square...The squares took a long relaxing time as I only sewed on them at Bees or Sit and Sews...
I sized them, sewed them and voila..my favorite type of scrap quilt, no measuring required.
 Finished...my first nursing home, knee replacement quilt.
I have enough of that random jelly roll to make 3 more...Again..this is made from a bag of 2.5 inch random scrap strips. The jelly roll has then been cut into this size with lots left.
 Its zebra backing..
Wing Haven summer camp...worms, bugs and birds!!
Dirt and so much fun...
And..a few helpful posts...
Recovering addict gives his side of the story.

I found this article..that tells it like it is...

5 comments:

Ellen Guerrant said...

Oh, I just love your quilts. So very, very special. I'm inspired to get a border on the string quilt I began in California a YEAR ago. It's just sitting there!

Love to you!

Ellen.

Mary said...

I loved your links. Thanks for sharing.

m. said...

I love your quilts! And if I don't get busy on my curtain sewing for the girls' apartment (14 large windows, plus a few small kitchen, bathroom and door windows), I'll never get back to quilting. Keep up with your wonderful posts.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a special photo of you and Dylan!! Wonderful quilts!! Gosh you're good at getting quilts made and finished. Fun photo with chickens too.

Sharon said...

I love your log cabin quilt! It looks like a fun project to do....I should get a clue from that and get busy!

Love the photos of the kids - Dylan sewing(!) and the chicken holders. Cute!