Sunday, November 24, 2019

Creative Process According to Me

The top is done...It is just the look I was hoping for.
This quilt was made from blocks using up scraps.
It was so relaxing...for a few years it sat around...UFO
Then I put in the lattice...and it sat around another  year..etc..
In the past month, I decided to finish something..anything..
I did not want a square quilt, so I started adding pieces.
The black border batik, I brought back from my daughter's stash in Portland
The Kaffe brown shot cotton is from a sale at Foust Textiles, years ago.
The odd pieces I added...This random windmill,
A piece of a skirt I made my daughter in kindergarten.
31 years ago...Fabric from Mae's discount fabric in Miami.
A piece of my grandmother's apron.
Old Navy boxer shorts from my son.
Yellow square bargain fabric from Randy's quilt store in Greensboro
When Emily was starting a graduate program in oboe.
When the creativity started to roll, I made Stitch get off my fabric.
Here he is, pouting with Zoe.
A finish is exhilarating.
I will have to wait until after the holidays to piece a backing.
Then, into my pile of the unquilted...it goes..
One step further to the end of one more UFO

The beginning of this year's Christmas cactus blossoms.
All I know about Christmas cacti, I learned from Wanda

A cold, but lovely day.
My son scrubbed the 14 year old's room for my daughter.
Thank you God, Fintan and the angels for my son.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I LOVE the border on that quilt!!!

Glad to see your cactus blooming again.