Friday, November 8, 2019

Rope Bowl Crazy

Here goes Grandma O'Quilts...obsessed with rope bowls.
The above red rope is a macrame rope from Amazon.
50 feet for $11. Red Macrame rope

I added the Walmart white, 50 feet for $1.88
This is the same one that I tried to dye with Kool_Aid.
I want a pretty connection here...what can I do with what I have around here
without buying something new.???
Trying to keep this inexpensive.
The red rope was a bit pricey...I have half of it left....so I
think I will use it for contrast instead of an entire bowl.
I have not given up on my Kool-Aid dying...just need to try a different type of rope.
Meantime, I think I am messing around avoiding things I need to be making for the holidays..
Hmmmm. Fun though...

As for the family, my bro and his wife of 33 years and their cats have gone home to NJ
Homelessness has impacted their health.  Way too sad..
We had a fun two day visit...Canasta non-stop and yummy food.  I am so glad I spent the time
teaching the 9 and 10 year olds the game before the visit..
The moody 14 year old won every game with his poker face.

My CAT scan showed a nice big belly button hernia....Not a mass...grateful.
My wise doctor said she wants to let it go for awhile until I get my energy back from
all four of my recent joint replacements...At my age, she said it would take about a year...
My last knee replacement was 6 months ago.

Charlotte has skipped fall...Tomorrow morning it is to be 28 degrees.
No reading under the trees I guess.
I survived the sadness of yesterday.
Tomorrow is a happy day to look forward to with my sewing friends and my meeting peeps.

1 comment:

Cathy Cartledge said...

See you tomorrow. Just don't drink the Kool-Aid.