Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday Strong

Yesterday's plan was for Grandma O'Quilts, Dylan and Lynsey to participate in our guild's Sit and Sew by Zoom.  It was hardly relaxing, but we did have some fun.  Kids idea of a great time is to tell me that my Zoom is on mute when it is not.....then to be naughty and have me react (which I always do) giving all my Zoom friends a verbal treat, while the children laugh away. 
Lynsey could not find the cord to her machine, the one she had being an old cord to a long garbaged chair.  
Dylan could not figure out what to sew.  Lynsey used my machine. So she was able to make her pillow.
Here is the girl with safety gloves practicing with the rotary cutter.  She needs a shorter desk.
The three of us covered the old ironing board with a funky fabric from the sale bin at Walmart.
Reminds me of growing up in Phoenix. AZ.

Today, I made a must do list.  I hate doing that.
Get gas (almost $50), turn in long lost library books, and go to Belks...a department store, to return online shopping gone south. This was a big one.  I had not been in a store like that for a year and a half.
I took pictures of the receipts on my phone.  They were not good enough, no bar code. There was a problem because I had paid with PayPal...Dear me..the things I learned.  They had to call a supervisor to come down to analyze the situation to give me my money back. But...I did it!!!!.  I drove there, I walked into the store with my cane.  They found a cart for me.  Big girl, Grandma O'Quilts....Big girl!!!

We are planning to put down the dog on Tuesday morning.  My sister will take them to the vet.  The children want to go with her.  It is hard for everyone. Tuesday morning early, then I will go to the pool and the crisis counselor will come to talk with the children, for our many other issues.

Look what brilliant idea Sherry had to put my iron on the bookshelf.
See, my iron is cordless.  Now, I do not have a cord to trip over and an iron handy.
Thank you Sherry.

The dog is now running around playing with the cats.  I feel terrible for scheduling her euthanasia on Tuesday.  Then I realize with dementia, there are some clear times.  And, that I cannot risk tripping in pee, or having the alarm go off when she is biting the wooden frame of the door and might break the glass of the door.  Or her being unable to stay outside for more than 15 minutes without throwing herself against the door.  This is so hard.  I am sick of hard things...but, I am Sunday strong!!









 

6 comments:

shoshu said...

my father-in-law used to say that growing old is not for sissies.......

Teresa said...

My heart goes out to you having made the decision to put a beloved pet at peace. I have been there and still tear up some times thinking about that day.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is hard to make the decision. After 21 years, I had to have my cat put down in 2019. She was blind, deaf and incontinent and picked on by the male cat. I could not allow her to suffer any more even though I miss her. Not easy, but neither is life. It is how we persevere in the tough situations that shows us who we really are with no pretensions. Every time I ask for mercy and grace. You are moving forward even though you feel like your feet may be tied together.

Laurie said...

Please give Zoe a big hug from me today and let her know she is loved by more than just her family.

My condolences to you and the kids. Losing a beloved pet is very hard.

Mary in Maryland said...

We had our 15 year old spaniel put down on SAturday. He was having a hard time getting himself up and setting himself down. Bill had been carrying him up and down the steps for three months. Lots of anxiety pooping--even if I just went to the basement for a few minutes. He had lost interest in life--I think we waited a bit too long. Still intermittently tearful, but life is so much simpler. Even not having baby gates at the top and bottom of the stairs makes my mobility much easier. You are doing the right thing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh Diane I know what a hard and heart breaking decision this is. We have had seven doggies during our 53yrs of married life, I shall be thinking of you, the children and old Zoe, as it is Tuesday here in NZ I guess the next day for you will be the visit to the vet.