Friday, July 16, 2021

Thank You God for Everything, Amen

In a random empty sewing machine bag in the upstairs bedroom, I found, this morning. my month long overdue library books...

Up last night for hours crying about the old dog we still have and their daddy.
All in the sewing room, the room of all things. From 11pm to 1am as we discussed  how normal anger is in grief and how it is best not to take it out on each other....I am exhausted.
Today, we celebrated our family of three with lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, The New Zealand Cafe.
A hole in the wall in a random shopping center...soooo the best.


Look at the middle schoolers inhale their sushi...Jeeze Louize, they know more about it than I do.
They are bottomless pits..They loved it.  (I had tempura) After last night's drama, we decided that today would be different...And, it was.  With the generosity of friends, we found a few back to school things at Marshalls after lunch.  The deal is that the clothes stay in the car, until their rooms are cleaned....Sigh.  Clothes are still in the car!!
It is OK as they are skateboarding with friends outside and I am working on my sewing table with it's random bits and pieces.

Dear God, please save me from telling others what to feel and what to do with those feelings.  Help me to stay in my own lane...Even in my wobbly old age, I still struggle.

Dylan decided he would put together the new Sit and Sew chair I got.
Alas, he stalled...and here is one more mess in my house....
At least he tried.

Kids are off again to their mother's house tomorrow as I do guild Sit and Sew and continue to putter.
Tonight's goal is sewing a bit more blocks on my orange and navy 16 patch.
PS  I hear the vacuum upstairs...amazing what a few back to school deals will do!!!!!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Staying in one's own lane is so hard sometimes! Hoping for a good day for you all.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hugs hugs hugs hugs! ❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ha, I bet if you told your grandson you would film him on your phone and do a video of him assembling, he would jump on it. Deluging rain here for a while and expected to continue- hope no flooding! It is hard to stay in my own lane. My son and daughter-in-law and grandkids live literally across the street and sometimes their decisions drive me up the wall and I have to keep it buttoned. Your grandkids feel safe with you and that is why you can get the tears and heartwrenching times. Praying for you and your family to have perseverance and grace.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'm glad you found your library books, and the sweet sound of the kids running the vacuum cleaner.

shoshu said...

it really IS hard to stay in our own lanes, and even harder to determine whats mine and whats not, especially when i care so much about them and whats "theirs" is something that iwould ideally want to "fix" for them, totally ignoring that if i offer support and validation, they might just fix it themselves which will last them for a life time, i routing for you, seems as if you are doing a fabulous job. isn't it hard for you and for them all the going back and forth? just asking, no opinion intended.
shohshana