Friday, October 22, 2021

A New Day


The  O'Quilts family survives.  We are OK, well kind of...

No pictures as my phone has evidently stopped sending them to the computer. Our Alexa's do not work to wake us up in the morning.  Something is wrong with the modem which I have already reset.  A phone call from school that Dylan threw clay at a fellow student and it hit the art  teacher instead.

Middle school mouth is exhausting me. I think I have been sleeping for a week.  That is it...nothing big, just  too many small  things all built up.  Hoping someday that a computer genius will show up and fix my unfixables.. Handyman is a month behind in his work.  
Enough  already.  It is a new  day.

My antique quilting gift to Katy 

I owned this quilt top for about 30 or 40 years. I sent it to  Katy because she is  young and strong and loves antique quilts just  like I do.  The batting for this quilt was an even older "Birds in the Air".   I picked out the ties and sold that.  I kept this so long as I always planned to fix it some day.....now Katy can, or at least admire the fabrics...So very happy to see it posted.

India's first Quilt Magazine

Storied Quilts




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Did you restart your phone? Sometimes they need to have a restart to clear their memory. They only have so much space allocated for some things. Also if you have not manually closed apps it can bog down how quickly the phone apps run. I am assuming you also have restarted your computer. Once again only so much space for Random Access Memory. Since you were able to post I am assuming that the WiFi is working. Did you unplug and replug in Alexa? Is she answering you when you talk to her? She will tell you if she is not able to connect and if she is not connected she can’t access the server with your requests. It is not stored in the little device it is stored in the amazon cloud. I know so many questions. I am the trouble shooter at our house. Once a software engineer always a software engineer……

Linda Swanekamp said...

I pray someone will come forward to fix the tech woes. All kinds of crazy stuff happens when those electrons are doing their own thing. Hang in there and take it an inch at a time. I retired early because of middle school mouthes. And being the art teacher who got hit with stuff.