Sunday, October 24, 2021

Keep on Swimming

Tonight I finished a goal:  the center portion of this African fabric fish quilt, all sewn.
I am naming it, "Keep on Swimming"s.  Because that is what I am encouraged to do by my dear guru brilliant friend, Sherry. 

Kids come home tomorrow.  I have a doctor's appt tomorrow am, again..YUP, again, for her to tell me why I am so tired all the time.  Sigh...Oh, well...I do love my doctor.
She will not say:  because it is Covid, nor because you will be 74 in 7 weeks and are raising grandchildren; she will not say because you are grieving so much, nor because you are neurotic as hell...nope, she will not even mention my extra Covid weight.  And when I read the doctor's notes online later....I will see a series of notes on different dates, year after year....... that all say the same thing:  STRESS...

xoxo

 

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Stress can level us all-an equal opportunity bulldozer. It is always a tug of war, a battle that wearies. I think you are doing a brave job and are a very interesting person with creativity and writing skills. One inch at a time.