Saturday, October 9, 2021

Starting the Season, with Halloween

Last night, I felt I had no friends...I think it is a nighttime thing.
Today, Linda and Gary came over and put up some of my quilts.
So wonderful to be getting my rooms back with that homey look!!
I am grateful!!!
Here is, "A-mazing Cats", a third place winner from a few years back.
A fuzzy picture of an old Halloween quilt.
In the hallway, we, once again, have the scary stuff!!, or not!!

I am posting these to show the new hanging methods.
The smaller quilts are using those little screw in hangers, so quilts can be changed out.
The larger quilt is hanging on bicycle  hooks holding a large wooden rod from the hardware store.
Curtain clips from Amazon hold the quilt on so it can be changed out.
I am thrilled...Gary and Linda be just so wonderful!!

Another friend!!!!  On my porch today, I found  these hand embroidered pillowcases.
A big thank you Pat!!!  They are beautiful xo

Halloween  used to be my favorite holiday until 8 and a half years ago.
My dear man was diagnosed then with ALS,   He died 6 and a half years ago.
Only now, thanks to friends am I able to celebrate halloween again, with joy.
Sherry has been a God send.  Linda and Gary...saints....So Sheila and Pat and the comfort of Margaret...Carol and Heather and Anne....on it goes. 
It is that damn Pearl, in the middle of the night that twists my thinking..
I made the above from panels, again, years ago.
All this out already and we still have 3 weeks to go.
Friends are  an infusion when  your platelets are low...
Online blogging friends too...lifting me up.
Lifting me up while asking nothing from me.
This 4 patch design was adapted from a Missouri Star tute.
This is it's backing.

Tomorrow CMQG sit and sew in the park
and kids will be home.  They  will be made to do their homework at mean grandma's house.
They report internet not working so well from Mommy's house in the country.
That is  OK, They have a wonderful school and a marvelous support system.

Night xoxo, from the O'Quilt witch. xo




















 

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful post, wonderful photos. Wish I lived closer. Love your quilts, so good to see them hanging. You have many who love you. Life is hard, but God is good. I have not had the energy to post, although I have photos and want to.

Peter K said...

😊

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love how you use color in all of your quilts. I have some projects but I just don't have one color that I need. I will wait, make a list and get it in 2022. I found a box of fabric scraps real small sizes and I will make a scrap bag with it. I sit in my sewing room and don't get anything done I just look at everything.