Saturday, October 30, 2021

October is Zooming Along

 Aoife, October in Portland, 15 months old.


Pencil bag number two for teachers.  Honestly, I  must be declining.
I made  huge errors here too...with the zipper and the zipper corners...UGH.
And, I thought I was following a pattern....but then I too, thought I knew it all.
Tomorrow I insist will be bag number three...gotta do a bit more research.
What happened to my wonderful memory????????
Aoife's mommy worked hard to make her Halloween costume.  Sigh, Aoife no like!!!
I remember the kids' sister Ava doing the same thing with the princess costume she had picked out.
Once it was taken off, she said to the adult...You wear it!!!!!
Darn shame we cannot control  other people, even at this age.

This year, the holidays are giving me a stomach ache.  My son has cooked the Thanksgiving dinner for the past two years.  Before that, my husband cooked it...I know my sister and niece are coming to join me.  Being alone now, We will have to think of something different.  Then Christmas...Thank God Aoife is coming with her parents, the chef and the sous chef....I will relax.
Thank God all the people coming will have had their shots.

Stitch killed a beautiful Cardinal and brought the headless body home to us, Dylan took care of the mess and would not speak to Stitch all day.  Lynsey freaked out because she said her mother had told her that her now deceased other grandmother would come back as a Cardinal..

The neighbor boy cleaned our fish tank...Grateful.
I have house cleaning help.  In spite of the budget, I asked them to come back next Friday too...It is such a relief.  Things move so slowly in getting my house back together, never mind my heart.

Today, I stayed in the moment and appreciated the beautiful fall leaves.
I took a walk in Tuesday Morning.  Pushing a cart made it easier..Things have changed.  The store was a fraction of what it used to be....very few of the lovely candies and cookies.  In the same shopping center, I noticed empty stores, no more Pier One, no more Sports Collectibles, no more Stein Mart.  We checked out several restaurants Friday, all closed for lunch, only open for dinner.. It is a new day in this world of ours.  So grateful  for my blogging friends and my in person friends and for Zoom. 








2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Photo of granddaughter walking in the leaves is adorable. Portland is beautiful. I miss our Tuesday Morning and Steinmart. I sewed a bag and the lining ended up being on the outside. I hope to do some bags with zipper, just intimated by them.

Kelly said...

So nice to hear your Aoife will soon be coming to visit!