Saturday, October 30, 2021

Turn that Frown Upside Down

 

I remember when my mother was stupid.  Somehow, she smartened up!!!  She taught us that when life gets rocky, do something nice for someone else.

Tonight I finished the first pencil pouch for a teacher. It is a lovely laminate.
One would have thought that I was a beginner in sewing for all the mistakes I made.
Honestly, at first I thought I just cannot give this to anyone.  However, now, me thinks that no one will mind the errors.  It is filled with 25 pencils....a little tassle on the zipper.
Our school is a wealthy school.  I was aghast to hear that already teachers needed pencils.
Will order another box from Amazon.  I hope that 25 in each pouch is enough.

Between the two children, there are 10 teachers.  Usually in middle school, gifts are usually just given to the favorite teacher, or the one who goes the second mile.  But, this is an unusual time.  All the teachers are so good and kind and giving.
I am going to put a note on each bag.." Thank  you for being a teacher!!"

Then, of course there are the wonderful counselors...hmmm

This is my accomplishment of the day.  Although after a lovely lunch, it was amazing to come home to a clean house.  Of course an old lady nap, a movie and some sewing...the bag.
Tomorrow another day, if we are lucky xo









2 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I like your Mom's philosophy. The teachers will love the gifts, both practical and pretty!

http://thankfullga447 said...

The pencil case is lovely and you always have lots of kindness. I sat in my stitching chair last night and hand stitched and it gave me so much peace.