Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Children and the Half Day of School....

Aoife received this in the mail today, from me..her yet unseen American grandmother!!~


I am proud to say, that Aoife is my 4th grandchild to enjoy this quilt,  as well as the book.
Lucky me to still be here to love it.

Here at home, my grands are way past Brown Bear...While we are playing "Old Maid Cat", They happily tell Alexa to play for me such bands as: "Suicide  Machine" and the "Darkies".  Of course, all three had to tell me about, "Jane the Virgin"  soap  opera..  They always try to get a reaction out of me..and they are never disappointed. I roll my eyes and pretend I am oh, so shocked. (usually I am!!)
  They are a handful, but they are my darlings.  Especially darling when they are sleeping!!

Middle school darlings....sigh!!
They excel in Karate..both black belts, both proud of themselves.
Who said," I  have not lost all my marbles, but there is definately a hole in the bag somewhere?" 
Well, I took myself to Walmart Sunday for a few nails.  Bought a pumpkin...bought a rotten pumpkin.
Rotten on both sides, and old lady here never saw it.  Dylan threw it into the woods for the deer.
Now, I am decorating the woods. too..

Trying to get the Ipad up  and running so I can sew and zoom at the sewing machine with friends.  Of course neither child can help me.  With a snit and an eye roll, one told me that is why their chrome books do not work because their grandmother does not know the house password.  OK..Let's just face facts here...I am no longer 21...or 11 or 12!!!!
 
Last night Dylan put my new handicap license plate on my car.
Lynsey made an awesome salmon dinner.
I cut Insule-Brite 8 inch squares for my potholders.
Dylan walked home from school with a nice friend.  I let him come in with a mask!!
Lynsey was brave enough to write her teacher and school counselor about a problem she is having.
I am still going nuts.  I feel so isolated with all our quilting groups gone onto  Zoom.
Now, I am going outside to read....again.
Lynsey is making up with a friend from school she had a tiff with...via text
And Dylan is visiting a friend in the neighborhood .  The friend's grandparents came to get him.
Just a lovely snip of fall in the Carolinas.

Eva  send me your email too...so I can thank you for your comment...xo



1 comment:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Just saying hi and I am glad you had some help with cleaning the house. You are such a strong person and I am glad when you have a good day. give yourself some pats on the back.