Sunday, April 30, 2023

OMG...Get a Grip.....all about Aoife and Potholders! Now more!!

Inspite of the thunder storms, today, I took myself to the Modern Quilt Guild sit and sew.  It was at the library around the  corner from me.  I was going to stay home, but......So glad I went.  Look at the new friend I met....Jenny.  She has been making these awesome EPPs with Liberty of London fabric.  A talented, new to quilting quilter, young and pretty.and creative.....Just  what our guild needs.


Aoife on a sunny day in Portland....allowing her dog Rosie to sit with her.
Sad to say, there has started a sibling rivalry between the two of them, as Rosie eats Aoife's snacks and Aoife has learned the word MINE!!!

Once home, I did not sew what is on the design wall...NOPE!
Instead, I spread three or four UFOs all over tables in the sewing area, making quite a mess.
The scraps below are now headed for a baby  doll quilt.  Made from my reproduction fabric scraps.
The little center piece was cut from an unusual fabric in the reproductive lot.

On a potholder roll here...messing with color and value...my favorite things.

My daughter takes great pictures..Just one of her many talents. A sunny day in Portland and a rainy day in Charlotte.
Who stays up late to work on color and design in a potholder????  Me!!
I was up at 4 am worrying about my other grands.  Sigh.  I thought I had given up the worry thing.
Trying to think of a way to support my great DIL, that is within my energy level...

Today  I had the entire day off.  Lately I hate to have anything scheduled....I just want to rest.
I have not seen my son in 10 months.

MQG is having a summer sew in for kids in the library . I might make some sewing pouches for the kids, Maybe.
I just love sewing in our beautiful new library with glass walls.

Tomorrow, I am an invited tag-a-long to Gastonia.

Everyone is making me go out and about.
Very nice to have friends. xo

It is said, that when one is too much  in their head, they are in a very bad neighborhood.






 

No comments: