Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Again......Joy in the Little Things

Of course Aoife's handmade Valentine is for her daddy...Daddy's girl...of course!!
I bought this sweatshirt on sale, as my others were lost in the move last year.
When it arrived, it had some unknown ugly lettering down one sleeve.  This was a perfect chance to try out my new iron on quilt block applique.  It may be a bit much, but it had to cover the letters...The instructions suggested that I follow up with hand or machine stitching...I  used a Jersey needle and a tight knit zigzag stitch. (the one with the dashes between the zigs..)  My first time ever doing this, but my teacher was excellent!!!  A fun shirt for hanging around my place.

I even added my cool and awesome sunflower pull that my girl got me for Christmas.

Dinner tonight was Mardi Gras food...
In Portland, evidently the tradition is Pancake Tuesday.
My friend Lucy brought me tulips....one of my favorites.
Here they are in front of Susan's painting...I just love color.
Charlene brought Valentines for us all at dinner.
A 2.5 hour dinner...we laughed and laughed...
This morning started out as usual with this old lady crawling out of bed at noon... I hurried down to the foyer where an event was happening...registration for absentee ballots ....Yes!!!  It was so crowded...many stations to register folks, even a camera set up for picture taking as NC now needs a picture ID to vote.
I think over 200 people signed up for the absentee ballots..amazing.
That is one third of our residents.!!!! Get out that vote!!

Next item of interest:  The boss here told me that a new quilter from Maryland just moved in yesterday and she was so eager to meet up with other devoted quilters....Yay!!! a good life!
Hopefully, as she gets settled, she will come visit Grandma O'Quilts and her free,  in-house fabric store!!

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh the reds are divine! I hope the new quilter will be inspirational to you and you to her. Iron sharpens iron. Love the quilt squares on the hoodie!