Monday, February 5, 2024

This Dark Night


Tonight I finished selecting the parts for this baby quilt/ wall hanging. Color is my very favorite part of the quilting process.  The batting is now spray basted to the top.  I did not dare spray baste to the backing as it is so late at night and the night demons are arriving...I can feel them at my window...The ghost of that stupid Pearl  trying to get to me.
As  you know my daughter in Portland is crazy about dogs...especially her own dog.  She did ancestry for dogs and found her Rosie's litter mate just 30 min away.  Em has bonded with the owner and the two dogs.....well...I think this picture shows it all.

I am sleep deprived...I cannot sleep at night and then I sleep all day.  What a waste of my precious time.
That gives a thin sliver for Pearl to rise...and not shine.!!!!

With the excitement of the pastel solid quilt above almost finished, of course, I am  looking around for something new...instead of finishing what is almost done.

Tonight I received an email from fabricsonsale.com ...Re: African fabrics...etc.  In my snit, I chose not to ignore it..and could not say no once I was on their site....sort of like chocolate...OMG

Having done that deed, I pulled out some of the African fabric I have already...I am ready to cut some layer cakes with these and maybe snowball them for still another African quilt.  Again it is color that brings joy to my heart.  The folks on my floor think I am nuts...with the studio I have already full of fabric, why in the world would I buy more...and at my old age...I could konk out any day.. (says Pearl)

Let me tell me that tonight's African fabric deal was half the price of 45 min with a psychotherapist. and the warm fuzzy feeling lasts for me, quite awhile...

Tonight I watched a silly  movie...however, one of the messages it left with me was perfect
"Remember that the sun is shining behind the clouds."

 

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have issues with sleep and night also. You are not alone. Proud of you that you keep plugging and have a zest for fabric.