Friday, February 9, 2024

New Things

Emily spent $48 for Aoife's first  hair cut...and she hardly even had hair then...Forever more Aoife will have...the bowl cut by her mother, just like my grandma did for me.!! Aoife's new  haircut:

I found these advertized on Instagram for charm packs...Mine arrived today.  I have had a great time organizing two huge boxes of random 5 inch squares...now so much easier to select and sew.
New to me clear organizers.

My west coast cousin asked me to send a valentine card to a school who wanted cards from all around.
Here is mine...mailed off yesterday. It is a  remake of the card I recieved yesterday...Several people now to love it.

Christine's one patch.  One of many she made for family members (from his shirts)  to remember her dear love. He died almost 8 years ago, one year and one day after my husband died...We are fellow travelers..
Missouri Star had a warehouse sale the other day...This woman of  excess decided due to the great price, that I needed to add new, more modern zippers to my huge zipper collection...Voila!
Now I have a quilt collection, a fabric collection, an Aurifil thread collection and a zipper collection... Proud Grandma O'Quilts!  I am buying some things for myself now.  Nothing, I mean nothing, compares to the money I spent raising 3 grandchildren for 8 years nor the cost of  my husband's catastrophic illness, ALS.
Tonight at dinner, there was no place to sit, so I sat next to someone new.  A great move...She was a retired university English professor, a published poet and an artist.   Very interesting.  After a fun dinner, she told me she had been diagnosed with Alzheimers...I could not see it at all...Crazy life.
Here is her apartment..She has a two bedroom, one of which is a painting studio.  Wish I had taken a picture of that...so awesome.  She told me these lovely rugs had been purchased in France where she still owns a home.
Lucky me was the recipient of one of her books and one of her paintings.
Lucky new friend was the recipient of my mother's books and a potholder!! What fun!

In case we did not remember, life can be so very hard.

Now waiting for our Sherry to come and hang the picture for me.
She has helped me sooo much.  I hope she does not start charging $30 an hour like the maintenance folks here do.
Here is the adorable  bag Sherry made for her granddaughter's birthday:

Since there are no secrets at Grandma O'Quilt's house, here is a picture of my old lady legs in my new compression socks.  With a sock helper, there is no problem getting them on and they stay on...Is it too much to ask that my legs will soon look  18 again?????

I have not sewn in two days...so busy organizing.  Of course organizing is a messy thing.
Wondering how my cleaning lady will get  into my place...


No comments: