Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Many Turns

Not too crazy about Valentine's Day without my dear man...April 14, it it will have been 9 years..OMG
Alas, someone left these by my door this morning..with a note:  'You are loved!!'
 I guess someone found out the I fell the night before...so embarrassisng.  I slipped in some water on the way to the bathroom at 3 am.  And, I could not get up...Jeeze Louize.  My trusty old lady button on my wrist was pushed and in 5 minutes two big security guys showed up...Boom, I was up and back in bed...so embarrassing...like a freaking baby.  So grateful I am at senior living apartments. So grateful nothing broke....but, my ego and my spirit....ugh!!
Today was a pool exercise day and a two short walk day
Also visitors for lunch...My DIL and two darling adolescent grands.
We did a quick Happy Birthday song for them both.  Lynsey turns 15 tomorrow and in a few, Dylan turns 14. I gave them a money limit and told  them to pick out their presents online and I would buy them.  Whew...so easy peasy for old Grandma..  Lynsey is so not happy  that her  younger brother is now taller than she is.  Looks like Lynsey is  ending up at 4'11" like both of her great-grandmothers on her mother's side.

Nothing fazes Dylan...Mr Charming,  just like his father.

linda and Sherry came for lunch on Wednesday.  In this cute box I found baker Linda's awesome heart chocolate cookies...the best!!  Here she is with a background to die for.

It took the three of  us to work on the obstinate African layer cake quilt top.
It is still not done, but on its way...stay tuned.
This quilt started out as red, white and blue for Black history  month...but it did not seem to work.
Next I added color and movement....alas, too much color and too much movement with no place for the eye to rest.  This is the fourth try before the garbage bin....Looks like it does have some possibility..However....no red, white and blue!! 
The many turns of the quilting process!!

The End...not really...because tomorrow is another day.
Another sewing day and another sunny day!!

PS:  More
I finished the above top, sans border...I do know that border and quilting will make a  big difference.
I am still crabby....to spend so much time  on something that usually comes  easy to me is frustrating..and at the end of the day, it was  just sewing big blocks together...Jeeze Louize
It is also bigger than I had planned....So, I know once the border is on and I put it away for awhile, it will be ok.
Then this disappointment:
I bought this because of the great color combination.  Upon  closer look, it has Bob Marley and marijuana on it...nothing wrong with Bob Marley,.......but.....OMG
AND, my great, wonderful African fabric store is now sending out fabric that is much poorer quality  than  before...I sent them an email....have to wait and see...
OK...Just sharing xo  
It is like life...not turning out quite as planned, but we make the best of it.


No comments: