Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Days Gone in the Blink of an Eye

 

The above quilt process is driving me crazy.  Maybe it is because I am up too late listening to podcasts while I sew
..(I can thank Sherry and Lisa for that)!!!
Fooling around with 10 inch African blocks and not finding solace!!!
I still hate it.
So...hot iron is out, ironing these 2.5" strips that I made in sewing yesterday.
Also ironed these old plaid blocks already sewn into  hourglass...
Yesterday I sewed them into two patches.  Now ironed, soon to be four patches...sigh all edges on  the bias...One more challenge!!  
When it rains icky all day long.  When arthritis hurts me and headache hurts my sister. When exercise is sitting in front of my fake fire, taking a nap, then the weather is in control and not me.
Well...here is a new bud on my Amaryllis.  Not too many blooms  this year...but hope exists when one shows...nice...

This morning was quilting in my community..We  tried to plan the year.  I will teach the rope bowl construction.  Miriam and I together will teach needles and machine feet...Stay tuned.

Hope is a bright light in an often dismal world. 
Oh, dear, midnight again!!!!  So fast goes my life..so fast!!

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lots of colorful blocks and ideas, love it. The African fabrics maybe need a lattice sashing to play well with all the blocks. The sun will come out and weather will improve. After teaching the watercolor workshop last weekend and bending over students working, I felt like a 100 yr old creaky soul. Was able to take a mile walk today and ease on in to moving better.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love all of your projects and fabrics. I started sewing up Hexies/EPP - I like making them up. I brought Quilt as you go template from Missouri Quilting Co. I am addicted, also brought comic book holders to organize my fabric. So much fun. Take care.