Wednesday, February 21, 2024

It is OK to Chill

For some reason I seem to have an agenda to just do what I feel like doing, instead of the "shoulds". Then feel guilty..Jeeze...The new and improved me will try to remember that I am retired...
I deem it OK to just be...
A good day today with friends for lunch, more talking than sewing.  It is OK
We have known each other 25 years...That  brings  enormous comfort.

I am showing here what I have done with my strip sets of African fabric.  I have cut them 4.5 inches wide in preparation for a Railroad Crossing quilt.

I hope I am not losing my touch as I wonder once again on color....Maybe it should be a bright blue or a more subtle red...etc...instead of going with my gut favorite...gold.  Going to just leave this all on the design wall to perculate while I read or sew something else.

A thrill tonight as I was able to watch the awards ceremony at Quilt Con on my computer from home.
Thanks for the  link , Mac Barnes
I know you are having a great time.
 

3 comments:

Hubblebird said...

I’d go with ‘gut favourite gold’. And what a great name for a quilt!

Julierose said...

Loving your "RR X-ing" quilt using the African fabric strippies;))))
nice work...
I will be binding my "109 Little Sqs" today--I tried diagonal machine quilting and didn't do so well--AM NOT pulling it all out though--it is what it is...
maybe if i throw it in the wash with hot water and then fluff it dry it will work out;)))) hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The gold is great. It shows off the darker colors. It will look fanstastic. I always feel like I did not do enough each day. I make lists, but it still seems like a drop in the bucket. Glad you could get together with good friends- priceless!